Saturday, June 21, 2014

Summer Solstice with a Screech


Our first summer morning started with a screech.  A fox screech.  I went out early to feed the ferrel kitty colony and kept hearing these screeches really close to the house.  I kept looking and finally out of the tree line our little blonde fox came out and kept making her calls.  She went into the neighbors yard, around our house and finally into the other neighbors backyard where I had a straight shot of her from our deck.  She just sat there making her calls.  I need to glue my phone to my hip, because I had a great shot of her if I did.  Dang!  Well when I moved to go back inside she saw me and took off.  I read they screech for territory claims and mating.  I think the mating has already came and went so not sure what it was.  I felt kind of bad because she acted like she was looking for something.  I hope it isn't her babies.  Ugh, why do I have such a mushy heart for animals.  I'll probably spend the next week thinking about her and if she is okay.  Here is a pic from John Ryan Photography that looked just like her.

It's now officially the dog days of summer.  (snicker, snicker)  If there is someone, albeit a hairy four legged one, that loves this time of the year it would be Fenway!  I spend most of my days letting him out, letting him in...letting him out, letting him in.  Over and over.  I'm not sure how he can sit on a muggy sun-filled  sidewalk with a black coat and not have a heat stroke.  Sammy on the other hand wants nothing to do with it.  He gets his business done and runs back inside.  Sounds a little like me.   I walk out and I instantly feel the sweat start to trickle. Ick!

Since it has started out muggy, we put little man tank top romper.  Maybe we will try and get a walk in before it is too stifling hot.
Or maybe we will stay in and I can do some more research on an umbrella stroller to take when we fly to Charlotte in September.   My one request is that it needs to recline.  You always see kids in them at an amusement park or at the mall passed out and slumped over sideways looking so uncomfortable.   Maclaren, Joovy and UPPAbaby all have this feature.  I have always wanted a Maclaren because of their great reputation but now that I see some others I'm not quite sure.   

I wish there was a retailer that had them all and was close by so I could give them a spin.  When I purchased our Baby Jogger City Elite Stroller, I went to BuyBuyBaby and tested them all over and over again.   It had to push like a dream.   The closest BuyBuyBaby now is in St. Louis, which is a 2 hour drive.  Hmm, maybe hubs will be up for a road trip today.  
UPPAbaby G-Luxe Stroller
Joovy Groove Umbrella Stroller
Maclaren Globetrotter Umbrella Stroller  
Maclaren Triumph Stroller
I am really liking the Joovy but I did read a review that spoke about them using a California banned flame retardant.  Not good.  I need to do more research to see if that is still accurate.   Decisions, Decisions.

Enjoy your super long day.


No comments:

Post a Comment