Sunday, June 22, 2014

Dirt Diggin' Kind of Day


It's a play it by ear Sunday.  I wasn't feeling the greatest this morning so we slept in for a while.   Since it is another smokin' hot day, outside activity will be limited.  A couple new magazines came in the mail yesterday so I thought I would relax and do some reading.  I have such ADD though when it comes to magazines.  They get me so motivated with all the awesome healthy recipes or personal journeys of weight loss related topics but unfortunately the sparkle is short lived.  I really should force myself to follow through.
One thing I have been asking Chris to do for a while is fill the bird feeders.  I would do it myself but when he first constructed the bird feeder stand he made it way to tall for me.   He really came through for me.  Not only did he fill them, he put some concrete at the base to stabilize it and also shortened the pole so little ole me can do it whenever I feel the need.

The funniest part of this was his first stomp of the shovel, it bent.  The scoop area of it, as if it was made of aluminum or something.   We just bought that thing too.  That's the thing about this area is the amount of rock in the ground.   Anyways, he was able to bend it back and finish the job. 
It looks great now.  We usually have boatloads of yellow finches, robins, blue birds, tufted tit mice, all kinds of wood peckers and many others I can't remember the names of.  

Why stop at the bird feeder.  While he was feeling active, I thought maybe he could chop up that limb that fell in our backyard early this spring after a storm went through.  Oh and if you look hard enough, you will see a little Gussy hanging out in the grass.
I shouldn't have opened my mouth because he said he didn't have a chainsaw to do that.  After a long, drawn out explanation of how we would benefit from one, I caved and told him to get one.   Okay so I thought he would pick one up sometime this week on his way home from work.  Nope, he shot straight up and said he was headed to Lowes.  
He was so excited up until he ate dinner and passed out on the sofa.  I guess the limb can wait another day.  

I did make a decision on the stroller last night.  We didn't make the trip to St. Louis to test them out so I am going solely on the reviews and research I did.  I purchased the UPPAbaby G-Luxe Umbrella Stroller.  It should arrive on Wednesday and I am so excited!  The great part about this particular umbrella stroller is that it has a full recline and can accommodate a child from birth to 55 pounds. 
Off to get a work-out in tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment