Thursday, July 3, 2014

Picnic in the Park


Hubby's unit picnic was this afternoon.  While I still dripped sweat the entire time, it really was a perfect summer day.  The high was 79 and again there was a nice steady breeze.  Since pregnancy though I have become a puddle of sweat on a regular basis.  I have read that most women suffer mainly night sweats during pregnancy and postpartum while breastfeeding.  Well my internal thermostat must be broken, because I sweat the entire day.
I was a little bummed about this year's picnic.  Last year one of the officers brought THE BEST brisket I have ever eaten.  Oh so mouthwatering.   This year there just wasn't anything that stood out, correction, the banana pudding someone brought was pretty awesome.

See the blue twin camp chair?  Yes, that is ours and for whatever reason the group doesn't mind hanging out in the sun.  As you can see I'm standing under the tree taking the pic and enjoying the shade.   Yes, I felt a little unsocial.  That's okay, I can now use Ethan as an excuse.  Ha!

Ethan got to inspect Noelle's wrist rattle.   This is his first interaction with another baby and seemed pretty intrigued.  She, on the other hand, is not that impressed.
Just another shot of pretty wildflowers from our walk this evening.  When we got home Chris didn't tell me my Warby Parker glasses came in the mail.  I just heard about them a couple of days ago from another blog I came across.  They have a great program where you can select up to 5 frames and try them on in the comfort of your own home and return them with the enclosed shipping label.   For $95 you get anti-reflective prescription lenses, free shipping and 30 day return.   For that price, I was sucked in.

This is the "Welty" frame.  I think I'm diggin' them.  I feel smarter already.  :-p
Since I haven't had any personal time to doodle, here is a filler for my creative outlet.  This is an ad I am working on for my company to go into a local Homes Magazine.  
Goodnight All!

No comments:

Post a Comment