Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Perfect Weather!


Why can't everyday in summer feel like today?  Its a high of 75 and breezy.  I'm so jealous of San Diegans.  I hear its an average 75 there year round.  I sure hope they understand how good they have it.  It should be in the 50s tonight.  Maybe I can talk hubby into a fire. 

Ah, I opened the screen door to let the breezy morning air fill the house.  This is my opportunity to take a walk now before the muggy, heat is sure to return.  I left Sammy at home and off Ethan, Fenway and I went.  Along the way we always pass this area of Queen Annes Lace also known as "Wild Carrot".  It looks so pretty and actually smells like carrots.  Have you heard the story behind the flower's name Queen Annes Lace?     Queen Anne was known for making delicate lace and she pricked her finger and a drop of blood landed on the lace.  If you look at the center of most of the blooms there is a purplish or reddish dot in the center.  Something I didn't know until lately was that it is actually edible.  According to ediblewildfood.com 
I also passed this at our next door neighbors house.  Pretty sunflowers huh?  We can thank the local birds for taking some of the sunflower seeds from our bird feeder over to the neighbors yard.  They randomly grow in our backyard as well.  A nice by-product of taking care of nature.  I'm sure the neighbors don't mind either.
My walking buddy today.  I left him off his leash since he does so well.  Poor Sammy, he is probably unhappy we left him at home.
The start of another rather expensive pitcher of tea.  Looking forward to a tall glass of it tomorrow.   Cold brewing really is the way to go.  No cleanup involved.
Chris brought this little wireless speaker home from work the other day.  I didn't hesitate to find a use for it.  If I haven't shared this already, I'm a huge Jazz lover, well that and classical.  Basically any relaxing music genres i.e. zen, chill etc.  I like that it is wireless, so I put my iPhone on the XM app and enjoyed some relaxing Jazz while I fixed tonight's dinner.

Little man was feeling pretty mellow today.  So we captured his little footprints.  I kind of fudged the left foot a bit so it now looks like he has six toes.  Oh well.  I used some non-toxic ink sheets I got off amazon and they did turn out pretty good.  The ink doesn't come off as easy as the instructions say though so he looks like he's ran around on asphalt all day.   I've been meaning to get back on Pinterest and find the salt dough recipe to make some foot and hand impressions.

Off for another stroll.  Happy Hump Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment