Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Night Before Christmas


It's hard to believe Christmas is tomorrow. Everything baby has consumed me this year, to the point of not even being ready for the holidays. Also being in my 3rd trimester and quite uncomfortable, I feel terrible I have not been able to help those less fortunate this season aside from providing donations. I had every intention of helping out through volunteering but that is just not possible this year.  We did at least get some lights up on the house.


This will be an usual Christmas for us, we are staying put and not traveling anywhere. My husband just put together his very first computer from the ground up last week so he has his present early and well I really don't need anything. So our gifts under the tree are limited aside from a couple here and there from family. Not that I have a problem with that. What I am concerned about is Christmas dinner. I didn't plan on making anything because the hubby wanted to go to this big spread they have on post for the holidays. Unfortunately, he told me this afternoon they are not planning on having it this year. Hmmm, that means I have to think of something last minute. I won't sugar coat this but I am not much of a cook. Not that I don't like it, I just get frustrated and I don't get the enjoyment some people do. With that said, since I am not much a ham lover we plan on having fried chicken tenders, mashed potatoes with country gravy and sautéed green beans. Real creative huh?

Speaking of gifts though, I did just pick me up a little something the other day and I just love them. I have considered Nars products before but just went with another brand at Sephora until now. I have been missing out! My new faves: Nars Funny Face Lipstick, Nars Gold Digger Lipgloss and Essie Candy Apple Mint Nailpolish. I think I am being a little more bold in my color palette since I'm so big right now. Whatever the reason is, I am glad I am breaking out. :)


Back to watching "A Christmas Story". Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment