Monday, December 23, 2013

32 Weeks and Counting

I tried starting this page, what I like to describe as my little corner of the internet, with one of my other pregnancies but after losing yet another baby I became too sad and withdrawn from any creativity. The loss of a baby at any stage of a pregnancy is just devastating. If there is any glimmer of light with any of my 3 miscarriages, I was fortunate that they happened in the very beginning stages. My heart aches for those mommas out there that have had to endure a late stage miscarriage or stillbirth. May God comfort them and lift them up.

I can now officially say I'm 32 weeks pregnant. It still really has not sunk in. I keep looking at YouTube videos of babies who were born at this time and try and imagine my little guy is developed to that extent. I am just still in shock, I think, that I am carrying this baby so long. What a blessing God has given us.



I wish I could say I'm perfectly on-track with my weight gain. However, my doctor's nurse likes to remind me I'm on the high end of the weight gain. So far I have gained 44 pounds at my last check-in. Okay, okay, I won't lie while I'm not eating quantity for 2, I have indulged in deliciously rich foods. Ever since I found out I was pregnant my typical healthy eating just did not sound good, carbs, carbs and more carbs is what I really want. Everything else going smoothly. Little man is measuring where he needs to be, my vitals are grew and I passed my glucose test.

Some of the uncomfortable things I have faced lately are upper back aches, braxton hicks, hip joint pains while sleeping and overall mobility issues. I really try not to complain since I'm absolutely blessed to be carrying him, but it definitely makes me wonder why there are women out there that say they love being pregnant. I do love seeing him roll around in there, it is such a reassuring feeling. Enough about the uncomfortableness, here are some pics of the nursery.







No comments:

Post a Comment